Thursday, November 6, 2008

Shooting with Tim Bennett and my obsession with the shadows on my nose



One of my designs shot by Tim


As I said in my last post, a couple of nights ago I shot with my friend Tim Bennett. We basically like to work on our own projects together most of the time, and that night the inspiration was Stacy Kiebler's Maxim shoot, and Gisele's Dolce and Gabbana The One ad. So basically we used that as a starting point, and then just let the shots go wherever they went from there. I think we were quite successful, but I don't have many of the pictures back yet to show you.
I have been shooting with Tim for awhile now, and it seems like we just go crazy when we shoot, we race from one idea to the next and sometimes do two wildly different shoots in the same day. The candy necklace picture is from our first shoot ever.
I really like the way Tim is able to control the light in his photos. He always uses magical combinations of light which make me look awesomely toned in the shots. Sometimes I get a picture back from a shoot and its overall a good shot, but the way the light hit on my stomach caused a shadow making it look way pudgier than it is or something like that and it's really disappointing. But that never happens with Tim, he pays close attention to all of that stuff. And interestingly enough, he's also a pilot. How crazy is that?
You can see his website at www.probodyshots.com or http://www.modelmayhem.com/610715.



Another of my favorite one of Tim's shots from a previous shoot.

During a shoot, as I see the pictures on the camera, (if I get the chance to) I am always critiquing myself and thinking about what I can do better. During this last shoot I was thinking about the angles of my face and how to hold my head for the most flattering results. I have kind of an odd nose. It looks pretty ordinary from certain angles, dramatically and attractively different in others, and just weird in a bad way in a few certain ones that I have trained myself to avoid. I think all models have certain things they are always concerned about in pictures, mine is my nose. I used to hate my nose, when I was in high school I secretly hated seeing pictures of myself in profile. Now I'm glad I have it, it gives me the ability to pull off a bit more of a fashion look. But the most dramatic features are the ones we have to be most careful of in how they are presented.

No comments: