Monday, July 6, 2009

I haven't blogged in such a long time... I don't even know what to say.

My career is basically.. not doing anything to speak of. I don't really like to publicize my lack of success, but there's really no denying it. So if anybody out there has any ideas that might help, throw em at me. I am not sure what is the problem.. my book is a little weak, but it would seem that the best thing to improve it with would be actual work, which I cannot seem to find. I am not sure if Dallas is just ungodly lame or if there is something wrong with me that no one wants to tell me about.

I have started a project to fix my book as much as i can, and then once I have that a bit improved I suppose i will decide what to do next.

I am going to be going on a giant photoshoot roadtrip to Austin and whatever other places strike our fancy, with my buddy Roxanna and photographer Jensen Walker... to hopefully get some nice lifestyle and editorial type stuff for the book. I'm a bit excited about that.

Other than that, I am also trying to get in the best shape possible. Anything I can think of to do to help myself. I am trying not to get depressed about the whole thing, but it just seems I can't catch a break... I know that positiveness goes along way to attracting good things.. but it seems that getting excited about anything almost invariably leads to a disappointment for me. And not just a percieved disappointment because I build something up in my head- I mean that as soon as I am excited about something, it vanishes in a spiteful poof and doesn't happen at all.

2 comments:

elventryst said...

I think we must make a plan for you. Is modeling what you do? Meaning- is that how you want to make your living? Are you tied to Dallas or are you able to travel? I think to build your book you must travel, especially overseas. I don't know if you're interested, but I have lots of opinions on the subject. Drop me an email (elventryst@gmail.com) if you want my two cents, and I'll tell you what I think. Include your height, age, and measurements in your email.

elventryst said...

Oh, and by the way, your new card is lovely!